Coolness with SaltX technology  

(@daniel)

I was thinking about SaltX where this technology is great. It has many advantages and useful new features. But it seems to me that SaltX can very effectively produce cold. So my view is that it can be very efficient even when charging with electricity to produce cold ....

Can this technology be used in a refrigerator? Or related applications

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2018 12:57 pm
(@liudasmikal)
Admin

Hi @daniel! Great question! SaltX can be used in refrigeration processes. In fact, it works the most effectively when both - heat and cold are used as the battery produces both of them regardless.

Check out our latest case of the week - we suggest using the batteries for camper heating and refrigeration. It's a very good way to use both hot and cold outputs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2018 5:59 pm
(@daniel)

Hi

Yes, heat can used e.g. for heating where it is necessary in buildings. In summer time if possible I would like to use heat for charging another Saltxbattery.... ( if it is possible, you have mentioned once I want -8°C on condenser side, there will be lower temperature on reactor side, so I'm not sure if the temperature could be enough for charging second battery...

p.s.:I have send you email, did you got it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2018 10:18 am
(@liudasmikal)
Admin

Hi @daniel! You can play around with different salt recipes to charge the salts that require less temperature difference to charge compared to the output of the first battery. But then what would you do with the second battery charged? We are working on a converter where you can input hot water and get water for cooling at the output.

Tell us more about the whole setup! Is that a seasonal storage?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2018 5:59 pm
(@daniel)

Hello 

What I mean is system which will produce cold with more efficiency all day all night all year... 

When I charge the second battery with the heat from the first battery, I can get more coldness when discharging second battery (... and then reuse the heat from the second battery to charge the first battery ... and the result low cost production of coldness. (I hope... )

This application could be great where cold is needed for all day all night all year .... (In summer time there will be more cold needed and in winter less coldness needed. So therefore I just mention that it is possible to use waste heat for heating (e.g.building).

I think there are many possibilities where cold all day all night all year is needed and maybe Saltx can be used over traditional technologies to save a lot of  energy.  (I can send some examples, but firstly check the attachement. If this can work not sure. 

The schematic is simple, there is no branch to charge the second battery with the first and vice versa ..... I hope this can be done with some valves ... I have to think more about it,

Sending attachment

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2018 3:11 pm
(@liudasmikal)
Admin

Hi @daniel! Good job on making the diagram! In fact, you're talking about the same concept as another member @tobias! As I mentioned in the other thread - such system is complicated because of the water temperature difference you get. Once you discharge the first battery it will give off lower temperature heat than the water in the heating reservoir. In that way, the reservoir will actually be heating the reactor side and the reaction which gives out cooling will not happen. You could alternate with the non-heated water so that when the salt is discharging it's heating the non-heated water. But then you will have an accumulation of hot water. You could integrate a heat pump potentially but that needs to be planned better.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2018 9:37 am

Working

Please Login or Register