Heating home with Saltx  

(@daniel)

Heating home with Saltx 

In past (in Czechoslovakia and probably not only) there have been used and are heat accumulative bodies - radiators which was charged and then discharged during day ....

They use simple heat absorbing stone.... They have been charged with burning wood and later with electricity. Electric charged accumulative radiator use low cost night electricity to charge (it is still available to buy cheaper electricity in night, so there are also still available this heat accumulative radiators  ). They are quite fine, but they do not provide much output control...

Now I think this can be replaced with Saltx system. Salx can be charged with night cheaper electricity and then store without loses and use when needed.... And in summer same Saltx radiator can produce coldness... Radiators are mostly near walls so excessive coldness in winter could be released outside ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2018 4:03 pm
(@liudasmikal)
Admin

Yes, @daniel! This is rockstar idea you have! Residential heating and cooling is very important and in fact UK government has generous grants for people installing any storage equipment to balance the grid. In earlier times, electricity plants used to run constantly and only the demand fluctuated making electricity cheap at night. As we switch to renewable energy sources - the fluctuations are much more frequent and require storage all throughout the day. Home heating/cooling battery could be a very good solution for many households.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2018 9:46 am
(@daniel)

Hello @liudasmikal

I would like to go on with this idea,

I would like to learn more ask few questions and then will see...

As I find the energetic utilities provide low cost supply of electricity not only trough night but also during the day for few hours. You have mentioned this... 

There can be many concepts of such radiators but what do you think about concept that the battery will be placed in each room and working as traditional heat storage radiator - I mean charged with electricity to avoid costly plumbing of central heating systems (e.g. gas) System must be able to provide heat all day all night if needed.

I have question on my mind what with cold in winter and heat in summer from system. 

I think how the energy output from condenser can be used in winter...  I would like learn more what temperature there will be on condenser side? In conditions when maximum heat power output will be required...  This is probably not easy question.... Do you need more detailed data about system size, capacity and so on? 
I will prefer a bit more capacity system for additional storage of heat energy from PV solar panels or for cases in emergency.. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2018 10:55 am
(@liudasmikal)
Admin

@daniel, home heating is a great area to focus on. As I mentioned in the previous post, check out the heat recuperation techniques. If you want to use the energy price fluctuations for storing and using as heating - that's another good area that has a lot of funding in the UK now.

If you want to take this further - don't hesitate to make some technical blueprints. I think you can make the radiators in a way that the condenser side is situated outside of the building to release cooling outside.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2018 10:58 am
Share: