Household energystorage for your car at home!  

(@morris)

Can SaltX make a product that store energy or something that can give your car electricity over the night?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2018 7:12 pm
(@liudasmikal)
Admin

Hi @morris! Welcome to SaltX Labs!

SaltX Technology is mostly about thermal energy storage - i.e. heating, cooling and other applications related to that field. You could use a Stirling engine or a gas turbine to generate electricity for charging lithium ion batteries but that is not the most energy efficient way.

SaltX could be a very good way to heat up your car in the morning or increase the lithium ion battery life in colder climates.

Let us know if you have further questions!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2018 12:36 pm
(@morris)

Ok, thanks for the reply!

Do you think it is possible to convert the energy or the hot water from a washer/dishwasher to the dryer?
Can you use the waste from the washing machine?

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2018 3:06 pm
(@liudasmikal)
Admin

Hi @morris! Very good questions and direction of thinking! Indeed, I was thinking about the same idea and you could potentially use SaltX in all appliances where heat is wasted to store it for re-use. I would even suggest to re-use it in the same device to have a simpler design. Dryer has the biggest heat and could be used more easily.

With the current SaltX technology, any heat that is 45 degrees higher than the ambient temperature can be stored.

Let me know if you have further questions!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2018 1:40 pm
Share: