Coal-ignitition-grill with SaltX  

(@tobias)

The idea is to create a grill that ignite the coal itself by adding a saltx"insider" feature. Skip all the burning fluid, papper, lighters etc. This grill ignites the coal (aound 400 degress?) By just flipping a switch activating a saltx battery. The heat created when the coal is burning is then charging the battery for next useage. This could be a portable or static instrument. Do You think the idea could work? One problem could be that the temp from the coal once it lighted could increase to the point where it is destroying the saltx. What do you Think this extra saltx feature / lighter Would Cost?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2018 9:05 pm
(@liudasmikal)
Admin

Great idea @tobias! I think this will work very well! We can get the salt to about 450-550 C to ignite the coal. Then the heat from coal will recharge the salt.

I think the coal burning temperature is close to damaging the salt but you could make a lever to pull out the salt igniter once the coal starts to burn. I will discuss this with the engineers and let you know if you need to think about a lever.

Great idea!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2018 9:53 am
Share: