Saltx oven  

(@henrikma)

Almost every houshold in the world uses their oven a couple of times per week. Maby you could use the waste heat from the oven to charge the saltx material so that we only have to run the oven with electrisity half of the times. 

Saltx oven would globaly save a lot of energy!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2018 11:55 pm
(@jacob-goransson)
Admin

Hi Henrik,

Great idea! I think it would be interesting to estimate/calculate how much energy could potentially be saved per year per oven.

Also, even if the energy saved is not enough to be economically profitable there should be a commercial value to make more energy efficient ovens.

Maybe somebody has a contact at a company that produces ovens and could investigate more?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2018 9:53 pm
(@jimmynil)

I've been pondering a similar idea but where you apply the HeatBoost technology (EnerStore?) to industry scale bakeries. I worked in a large bakery many moons ago while studying and I think there is a real case here. We are talking about 30 meter ovens producing 10.000 bread loafs per hour. I still have contacts in this industry and have been considering reaching out to one of them.

One question, well two actually, what sort of temperatures do we need for HeatBoost? Around 150-200 degrees? Temp for EnerStore?

They could potentially both work for this type of applications. I'm guessing it would make most sense to use the heat in the ventilation air from the ovens that is normally just directed out in to the open air.

Thoughts?

Jimmy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2018 2:24 pm
(@liudasmikal)
Admin

Hi @jimmynil and @henrikma! Great ideas! Applications where heating is involved usually have a very good use case for SaltX technology!

To better understand the needs of commercial bakeries - do they heat the ovens 24/7? Do they have certain hours when they work?

It is also important to make the distinction between HEATBOOST and EnerStore. While HEATBOOST helps to improve heating efficiency by taking the energy from air, Enerstore is used to store excess electricity and release it in the form of heat later.

Temperatures for HEATBOOST and EnerStore can be changed depending on different salt combinations. The most important concept to understand is deltaT or temperature difference. To have an effective oven heating I would expect to have deltaT of about 225 degrees. It means that if the environment temperature is about 25C, charging will happen at 250C and above.

I would suggest to investigate HEATBOOST in more detail as you could potentially take heat from the air in the room. On the other hand, EnerStore could help purchase the energy at the best price (if there are price fluctuations throughout the day).

Liudas.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2018 12:27 pm
(@jimmynil)

Hi Liudas,

Thanks for your feedback.

If it's ok I'll get in touch next week to discuss some technical details around the HeatBoost application as I need to get a better understanding of exactly how the system could be altered to fit this type of application.

Hava a nice weekend!

Jimmy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2018 3:53 pm
(@liudasmikal)
Admin

Hey @jimmynil! How is it going with oven heating solutions? Did you have some insights from the industry?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2018 9:56 am

Working

Please Login or Register